Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Loh Hon Kor herbal tea.

My first time attempting a herbal tea and to my great embarrassment, I've mixed up one of the ingredients by name.  I always thought it was a fig but turns out, it's a honey date.  Oops.

But anyway, this tea is great for dispelling heat and cooling down your body, avoid heat stroke, acute or chronic throat inflammation, and chronic cough.

What you need is:
1) 2 Loh Hon Kor (Buddha Fruit) - crushed
2) 8 dried Chinese honey dates (which I thought were figs!) - I added 6 only and had to add additional cane sugar to taste.  I kinda figured that if I were to add 8 to 10, together with the natural sweetness of Loh Hon Kor and the dried longans, I could probably skip sugar altogether :)
3) A small handful of dried longans
4) 3 litres of water - which will be boiled down to 1.5 litres

Loh Hon Kor (Buddha Fruit).


Dried Chinese honey dates.


Dried Longan.


What you need to do is:
1) Wash everything.
2) Crush the Loh Hon Kor or just crack it into half so that you can 'break into' the taste.
3) Put everything into a big pot that can hold 3 litres of water.
4) Start boiling on slow fire for one hour.

You can eat the Longan and discard everything else.  Of which you'll achieve a dark liquid consistency and a lovely aroma.  Remember to let it cool before bottling (if plastic) and if you are feeling 'heaty', remember DO NOT drink while it's hot.  According to the herbal shop lady, it may have a reverse effect.  Always drink herbal tea when it's cooled either at room temperature or cold if you're heaty :)

And tada!  Love bottled!

No comments:

Post a Comment