Monday, August 19, 2013

Last weekend with grandma.


Last Saturday we had the most enjoyable time having morning brunch with our grandma.  Well, specifically his grandma, dad's side.  She's such a lovely joyous old lady and she never ceases to ask me about my work, life, etc.  And she loves to update us with the on-going family news that we always seem to be the last ones to catch on.  Somehow, she feels like my own grandma and it's strange cause I never had the chance to be this close to a grandparent before they passed on.

She sometimes is very forth-coming about her 'time' being up.  It saddens me but at the same time, the positive beam in her just radiates.  She would talk about how old she's getting and how much her physical self is deteriorating but she would say all that with a big smile and even laugh about it.  I'm not like extra keen on parenthood at this moment, but I really wish to be able to share her love with our baby.  I think she'll be a fantastic great-grandma :)

There we are, in the photo above doing a 'do re mi'.  And strange, I just realised what similar features we all have!  Well, here's to all grandmas in the world.  I hope you're loving and appreciating yours as much :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment